
On Tuesday, June 1st, my beautiful VW Jetta was sideswiped by a woman who was trying to change lanes (without looking first).
I was on I-87 South right before you get to Yankee Stadium (Yankees rule!). I was traveling in the middle lane. There's not too many fancy things that you can do on a highway....or so I thought. All of the sudden this white car with Florida plates starts moving to the left into my lane. I honked my horn and tried to swerve out of the way to no avail. :-(
Now of course I was freaking out because I was in the middle of a highway in rush hour traffic. Not to mention for the first time in years I forgot my driver's license at home! (The NYPD loves that.) btw- Everyone's okay. My friends and family came to my rescue big time. I knew they loved me but Wow! I had my cousin (Aiyana), three friends (Darnella, Kamisha, and Lashauna), and my Mom (Mom) all meet me at the scene. They brought my license which avoided me a summons. The police asked "Wow, where's the party at?" There wasn't a party but I felt extra special. Wouldn't you?
Anyway, the driver and Geico accepted full liability. This made things easier for me and my baby. The "after" photo is below. She's all better now. Hmm maybe I'll write a poem....
Stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment